Saturday, December 5, 2009

Readers and Booklovers


image from www.flickr.com/photos/49024304@NOO/270429124

I didn't like Book Suggester on Twitter, as the recommendation on next reads is made by a single person whom I know nothing of.

Even though I liked the Book Seers' simple layout and reliable data sources for recommendation such as Amazon and LibraryThing, the rate each source brings up recommendtiaon is quite different. I didn't get any recommendation from BookArmy. Often Amazon didn't suggest any books. Only LibraryThing seemed to make constant and reliable recommendations.

When I typed in "Marley and Me" by John Grogan, LibaryThing made an interesting mix of recommendation which includes Jodi picoult's "Vanishing Act" and "My Sister's Keeper." While they seemed out of place among many other real life stories, at least both books have a dog in the story.

It is due to my lack of orientation that I lost track completely and couldn't find the right trail on Reading Trails. On Booklamp, I couldn't find the switch to turn on the lamp.

No comments: