Saturday, September 27, 2008

Social networking in Bebo, MySpace and Facebook

I really enjoyed this exercise and learnt a lot about social networking sites. To be honest, before I had a go with this exercise, I was a typical paranoid mum who tried to get a glimpse of what my teenage children were doing while they were Beboing and Myspacing. That was why I was surprised with what social networking sites could offer for them.

On Bebo and MySpace, my daughter accepted me as her friend immediately. On Bebo I also found a friend I thought that I had lost.

Presonally I liked MySpace best. I liked its simple layout and finding musicians’ and filmmakers’ own pages was as easy as a breeze.

Even though I don’t think I will use Facebook as my social networking site, its event application used for LIANZA Conference 2008 proves Facebook can be an effective channel to organize and promote events.

No comments: