Before the Internet, I was never in good terms with the computer. As my husband’s prized possession and toy, it only served for my husband and needed me only for occaional dusting. It was another big white elephant, on top of my list that should be thrown away at the next inorganic rubbish collection.
It is amusing that now I cannot think of managing a single day without a computer and interent access. Even though we have three computers for a family of five, I often have to compete with my children to get a slice of time for surfing and hunting on the net.
I can contact my family and friends overseas more often. With Skype subscription, my sister phones me everyweekend for family updates and sisterly chats. The decision in buying stuff is based on more information without any waste of time in shopping around.
Despite the obvious benefits of technology, every time the computer fails me (more likely the other way round), I am easily frustrated and feels helpless, as I know that those electronic and electric parts of computer will be beyond my comprehesion.
No comments:
Post a Comment