Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A separate area for Westerns alone.

I think that is a good idea to have a separate area for Westerns alone. Once I helped a senior lady about late 70s or early 80s to find any western she hadn't read before. While looking for a book, we had a good chat about the genre and why she was reading westerns only. She used to be an avid reader and read books from any genre and any length. However, from a certain age, she started to forget what was said before, even the name of characters or relationships and couldn't follow the plot. Since then, the western was her choice, as most Westerns are short in length and simple in plot and she could read one in a sitting. I still remember on the day we couldn't find any new Western book for her.

Is there any way we can also have statistics on the age group/gender of this course participants? I believe it will be of great help to better understand the survey results.

No comments: